Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I've talked to Mike a bunch of time in the last week and I think I really, for real this time, have my ideas straight. The timelines and shotlist really helped me pan everything out. I'm excited to see what my ideas look like after the paper process. This last week has been crazy trying to get everything together. I've simplified my idea, a lot, with Mike's help, and now I can see myself actually doing and completing this. It is much more realistic for the 30 second time we have. I'll be putting up yet another version of a script, let's hope its the last one!

Here is my shotlist and my 3 pages of my time lines, I know I could have done this on one page somehow, but I'm still not sure how, and I know I should just post if however I can get it! Hope it works! I'm sure you will notice that my ideas have changed...AGAIN, but I promise this is the last time! New script is to come...
Time Line 1
Time Line 2
Time Line 3

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Storyboards 1-6
Storyboards 7-11

Since both of my actors have been gone over spring break its been tough for me to get a chance to get them together and take some photos for the story boards...but finally we all were able to get together. I assured them that they didn't have to look great (they had both just gotten out of the shower) because I was going to make them look like drawings in photoshop anyway. Besides getting the actors together, I've been thinking more about my idea and the timing, and I think it will definitly work out. I just need to figure out a song for the background...still need to ask Mike about copyrights! I also have to figure out how to shoot the "pot on fire" scene. It actually has happened to me, but I'm not so sure if I should recreate it. Anyway, I'm not so sure if my storyboard links work...so let me know! I think the files may be too large.

Storyboards 1-6
Storyboards 7-11

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

So far, I've been reworking my ideas a few times. I think I've finally gotten to a point where I can work from, the idea seems to be concrete now. My sister (one of the actors) just got home from Florida last night, so we can start filming as soon as I learn more about the process. I think I may also have to recruit a few more actors besides my two roomates, because that would give me more to work with as far as the different scenes. I think our neighbor would get involved, and I may get my other sister from Poughkeepsie to come down and help out as well (she's the actor of the family). I figured out the scenes, but now I have to figure out exact locations and what time of day/equipment would be best to use. I'm hoping I can get a little help in that area, since I've never done this whole "film shooting" thing. Even though my project will probably have only 15 seconds of real live video, I have a feeling this will be quite a process.

I made a style frame based on the first and last quick overview scenes in my project. I thought this would be the best way to go since some of my project will be in live video, and going from layered photos to the live video. In this style frame, I am trying to show the overall style (real photography) and how the camera will span into the first photo from this first scene. The rest of the transitions will not be through this cork board, but will transition from one photo to another. It will be much easier to see what I am talking about when we do the storyboards, because then I can show different stages of the project. The grey color you see in the layered photo is meant to represent smoke, coming from the cooking scene in my script.
My Style Frame

Monday, March 06, 2006

I've been reworking my script, and I think I came up with something that flows a little better. I also talked to my "actors" and set up some time to take some pictures for my style frame, but I think the idea will come across better once we do storyboards. Take a look. My Final Script...I think!